31 March 2010

More gadgetry

My iGoogle page has been changing constantly over the last few weeks, but here's a screen shot of the Delicious bookmark gadget. The green leafery is in honour of Spring, who seems to have deserted us. Even though I've not been that keen on Delicious, the small list is quite appealing, and I may even use it!

I've also added a Twitter gadget (not pictured), but it doesn't look very pretty, and isn't at all customisable. Isn't it odd that even though all these applications do things we'd never have dreamed of 15 year ago, we still expect them to look good and have colours etc that we can choose ourselves? Spoilt, perhaps.

Truth be told, I've not been that keen on iGoogle, and have been leaning more and more towards Google Reader, which seems to do more of what I need everyday.

The Editor's Picks weren't particularly fascinating, and mostly seemed to be the sort of things that people might use on a personal level, rather than for work. The only one that I was tempted by was Remember the milk, a task management application, but I already have a similar function on my phone.

The Librarian's Book Revoogle looks quite interesting, so I've added that. Now my iGoogle page is completely unrecognisable from the beginning of the 23 Things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment