8 March 2010

Oh - the pressure!

 I know that Tweeting is pretty much the same as updating Facebook, but the pressure to be witty and erudite seems so much greater on Twitter.

One thing I wonder is how to make Facebook updates appear on Twitter as well... That would be a useful and time-saving application. Maybe that'll be Thing 17.

Do libraries that use Facebook also have a Twitter account, I wonder? I also wonder if anyone has done a survey about whether Oxford students mostly use Twitter, Facebook, or some other social networking site. I think we'll probably stick with Facebook in my library, unless we can make our Facebook updates appear on Twitter as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are a couple of ways to link Facebook and Twitter.

One is to use a third party service like HootSuite to post to both simultaneously.

Another is to use the Twitter application on Facebook which links to your Twitter account - this posts to Facebook any of your tweets that include the #fb tag.

Elizalouisa said...

Thanks Emma, I'll look into that further, but I'm glad there's a way to do both automatically.

Post a Comment