15 February 2010

It's not you, it's me

It's just me, I suppose, but sites like Delicious seem to be aimed at people who use the web in a more systematic way than I do.

The site was easy to use and fairly intuitive but I can't see how I would use Delicious on a personal level. If I'm at home I have my bookmarks organised in my web browser and I don't really see why I would want to share my bookmarks with other people.

If I'm at work I tend to use different bookmarks but if I did want to look at a site bookmarked on my Mac at home I'd be more likely to Google it than log into another web site. If some of our fellows used Delicious a little like a reading list, then it might be useful for the library to know about it, but I've not heard of anyone considering this.

I'll look at the other 23 Things blogs to see what other people think, but if anyone uses Delicious on a personal or professional level, I'd be interested to hear about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment