2 February 2010

Retospective

In retrospect, Things 1 and 2 were mostly things I had done before, and I, for one, spent most of my time choosing the frivolous parts of the page, notably the themes and templates. Having said that, no-one likes looking at badly designed web pages, or those with offensive colours.

One issue I have with this process is that I wonder about how easy it's going to be to delete my presence from the Bloggosphere once 23 Things is finished. I'm not happy with the idea that my blog will remain on view indefinitely. The trail left by individuals is also slightly worrying. I noticed that the iGoogle screen-shot on one of the blogs reveals that the blogger was playing online poker at the time, and one of them reveals snapshots of personal emails!

4 comments:

Elizalouisa said...

Despite being very careful to be anonymous, my first attempt at an iGoogle screen-shot contained my full name!

Laura J. Wilkinson said...

As you've noticed, it's up to the individual to decide what they share with everyone else on the web. When you make your screenshot, you can crop it in Paint so it doesn't show your name or other info you don't want to share.
Good luck with the rest of your 23 Things!

Anonymous said...

A thought on removing yourself from the blogosphere - it is possible to make your blog private so at the end of the programme if you did want to restrict access to your blog you could change the settings.

From your Blogger Dashboard go to Settings > Permissions and change your settings so only authors can read your blog.

Elizalouisa said...

Thanks Emma, I'll bear that in mind!

Post a Comment