22 February 2010

Podcasting quietly

 

Podcasting is a fabulous invention. The choice is limited only by your imagination and it's not hard to find high quality material which you can then listen to anywhere. There is the usual amount of dross to wade through, but the BBC, Guardian and other respected news sources are always reliable, in my experience.

I already subscribe to a number of Podcasts, but have added a few more to Google Reader (which I'm taking-to more than iGoogle). I'd prefer to keep all my Podcasts in one spot as I tend to listen to them on my iPod, so would probably prefer to use iTunes than Google.

On a professional level, Podcasting for library information seems a little out of our scope, but I imagine that Podcasts of lectures would be useful and interesting for students. Our Classicists and Modern Linguists might also find Podcasts useful for rote learning - "amo, amas, amat".

As the 23 Things are progressing I find that navigating the different sites is becoming easier and Web 2.0 in general seems to be a little more intuitive and less scary. Progress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment