26 February 2010

Love to hate YouTube

I either love or hate YouTube depending on the day of the week.

The Education pages are useful and there are some really worthy library information videos. But as someone else has noted, it only works if it's done well. We have even been thinking about creating a library information video which could possibly appear on YouTube for prospective students, but finding a moment (or twenty) at this time of year is troublesome.

One thing I don't like about YouTube are the comments. Has anyone ever seen an insighful or instructive comment about one of the videos? I think not. The second thing I don't like about YouTube is all the home videos of people on their soapboxes. Why not blog, so we don't have to look at you too? The third thing...

I won't go on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment