16 February 2010

Not so tasty

 
I'm still not convinced by the 'tag cloud' phenomenon, even after having read a number of blog entries about why they're useful (see here for example). Just because I only have one bookmark with the tag 'ephemera' doesn't mean that it's less important to me than a tag that appears larger in the cloud. It may just be that I can only find one site that I want to keep an eye on for that particular tag.

The networking tool also strikes me as odd. I've added a couple of people to my list, and now I get some random bookmarks appearing that are of no interest to me whatsoever. Just because someone shares my interest in letterpress (good) doesn't mean that they're not also interested in Egg Watching (bad).


Whilst I'm struggling to find a personal use for Delicious, I can see their importance for libraries and educational institutions, and I must admit that I'd be quite happy squandering quite a lot of time playing about with the possibilities, and nosing into the bookmarks collected by other people.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

and exhibitors to make contact, arrange meetings, view each other’s profiles and generally assist in networking before, during and after the event. It even recommends other delegates of interest to you based on your profile! The Soccerex Networking tools is designed to allow delegates

Post a Comment